Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Bulk Billed (Bulk Billing Dentist)
Sweet Smile Dental Provides services under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) which provides eligible children aged between 2-17 years with basic dental service benefits that are capped at $1,000 over two consecutive calendar years.
- Are my children eligible?
- How can I check my eligibility and balance?
- What kind of dental treatment can my children receive?
- Will I have any out-of-pocket cost for treatment?
- Where can my children be treated?
- Will I have to go on a waitlist?
- How does the $1000 cap work?
Dental services covered by this scheme include:
- scale and cleaning
- fissure sealing
- root canal treatments
- extractions of teeth
- partial dentures
There are restrictions on claims for many of these services and any orthodontic or cosmetic dental work is not covered.
More information is available on the Medicare website at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au or the Department of Health and Ageing website at www.health.gov.au or by calling Medicare Australia on 132 011.