How often should I have a dental checkup?
You should have a dental checkup, scale and clean done at least twice a year. This will help keep your teeth and gums in a good condition and prevent dental problems.
A dentist will examine your teeth and gums and check for dental problems such as gum disease, tooth decay and the build-up of tartar and plaque.
Tooth sensitivity refers to teeth pain or discomfort caused by the consumption of sweet, cold or hot foods and drinks.
This problem is experienced by many people and can be treated by a dentist.
It is recommended by the Australian Dental Association that you should brush your teeth twice a day.
When brushing your teeth, use a soft toothbrush with a tooth paste containing fluoride and also brush your tongue to keep your breath fresh.
Dental X-rays help dentists view dental disease that cannot be seen by the naked eye.
Apart from an X-ray being required for a new patient's medical records, the frequency of X-rays can vary between six months and a few years depending on the patient's dental health.
Your child should visit the dentist before their first birthday or six months after eruption of their first tooth.
Visiting a dentist is the best way to prevent dental problems and learn about how to clean a child's teeth according to their fluoride needs.
Bringing children to the dentist at a young age can teach them good oral care habits and reduce anxiety or fear by getting them familiar with the dental office.
- Discolored Teeth - this can be improved by whitening, bleaching, porcelain veneers, all-ceramic crowns or bonding.
- Chipped Teeth - this can be improved by porcelain, all-ceramic crowns, bonding, or aesthetic re-contouring.
- Gaps - which can be closed with porcelain veneers, all-ceramic crowns, bonding, or orthodontics.
- Old Fillings - which can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings (resins and porcelain) for a natural appearance.
- Old Crowns - which may be discolored and can be replaced with all-ceramic crowns.
- Crooked or Crowed Teeth - which may be improved with porcelain, all-ceramic crowns, bonding, and orthodontics.
- Missing or Damaged Teeth - with can be permanently replaced by a dental implant and porcelain crown or a fixed bridge. Dental implants can also help if you have a full set of teeth that are missing or about to be lost and want to avoid wearing dentures or a plate.
- Gummy Smile - which can be changed with a gum life procedure combined with porcelain or procleain veneers to reduce excessive or uneven gums.
- Excessive Tooth Wear and Teeth Grinding - which is often linked to jaw joint problems or headaches and can be addressed with occlusal splints or full oral rehabilitation in severe cases.
- Loose Dentures - which can be stabilized with a variety of different dental implant options that can suit different
- needs and budgets. Bleeding Gums - which is a sign of gum disease, gingivitis or periodontitis in severe cases and can be treated with oral hygiene programs.
We offer a variety of Family & Aesthetic dentistry procedures that can be customized to meet the unique needs of each of our patients at Sweet Smile Dental Clinic. Call us today at: 9842 9684