We recommend that patients follow these tooth brushing guidelines to maintain an optimum level of oral health:
1. Start brushing as soon as your first tooth appears by wiping the front and back of each tooth using a finger wrapped in a clean damp face washer or gauze.
2. Start using a soft toothbrush at 12 months of age or earlier if tolerated by the infant.
3. Start using pea-size amount of age appropriate toothpaste at about 18 months of age.
4. Start using a low fluoride toothpaste for children under six years old.
5. Teach children to brush their teeth and supervise them to make sure teeth are being cleaned properly.
Make sure children get enough fluoride through fluoride toothpaste, fluoridated drinking water or diet supplements.
We offer a variety of Family and Aesthetic dentistry procedures that can be customized to meet the unique needs of each of our patients at Sweet Smile Dental Clinic. For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 9842 9684.